Link to the post on indigenous languages and environmental protection in the blog of Claudia Gafner-Rojas "Environment and Human Rights".
Preserving indigenous languages is protecting the environment:
An acknowledgment to the transmitters of traditional knowledge. There is an indisputable interconnection between biological, linguistic and cultural diversity.
- Category: Aboriginal Languages
- Thematic area: Cultural and Linguistic Continuity
- Call topics: Environmental and language activism
- Major objective: Target steps to improve quiality of life, enhance international cooperation and reaffirm cultural linguistic continuity
- Area of intervention: Creation of favourable conditions for knowledge-sharing and dissemination of good practices with regard to indigenous languages