Master carver Tim Paul and Huu-ay-aht cultural and wellness director Edward Johnson Jr name the ancient cedar tree log to be carved into the Language Revitalization Pole and bless it in the traditional way in the Huu-ay-aht territory forest on the south west coast of Vancouver Island.
- Category: Aboriginal Languages
- Thematic area: Revitalization
- Call topics: Intergenerational transmission
- Major objective: Focus attention on the critical risks confronting indigenous languages
- Area of intervention: Creation of favourable conditions for knowledge-sharing and dissemination of good practices with regard to indigenous languages