State Library is hosting a day for all creatives, educators, community workers and those who work in the GLAM sector to be part of the important conversation about the future of Indigenous language and its place as a human right, while gaining skills and tools to incorporate Indigenous language into your craft.
Coinciding with International Mother Language Day (21 February 2020), the Minya Birran forum will explore ways to harness the goodwill and energy of the 2019 International Year of Indigenous Languages and pose the question of what now?
The day’s program is a blend of keynotes with breakout sessions to explore connecting with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander languages in 2020 and beyond.
- Category: Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander languages
- Thematic area: Good Practices / Indigenous knowledge-sharing
- Call topics: Intergenerational transmission
- Major objective: Deliver capacities to take concrete actions and measures to support, access and promote indigenous languages
- Area of intervention: Growth and development through elaboration of new knowledge