This contribution is a general reflection on the importance of preserving and promoting indigenous languages in the world, for the intrinsic value they have and for being a decisive means to maintain traditional knowledge and with it cultural and biological diversity. The lack of specific international legal instruments aimed at the protection of these languages and the urgency to implement measures in this regard are highlighted.
- Category: Todos los recursos
- Thematic area: Cultural and Linguistic Continuity
- Call topics: Environmental and language activism
- Major objective: Focus attention on the critical risks confronting indigenous languages
- Area of intervention: Integration of indigenous languages into standard-setting